At the end of last year I reflected on a list I had made (on Facebook notes, asif that was a thing) when I was 18, entitled 25 things about me. It was quite hilarious, very cringe and completely me. Now I’m almost half way through 24-year-old-ness I thought it might be fun to come up with 25 things about me and see how they’ve changed (chances are not much…):
1. I’m secretly a bit of a gangsta, getting low to 90s hip hop is one of my favourite pastimes.
2. I love eating good foods and believe all social occasions should be centred around meals. Fajita nights just cannot be equalled.
3. I also love baking but I’m actually quite bad at it. Exhibit A: brookies. Exhibit B: cake that volcano erupted all over the oven. Let’s blame my inherent kitchen failure nature.
4. I wish I could play guitar and be in one of those edgy cool girl bands that don’t exist.
5. I choose to surround myself with people who match my weirdness and find my quirks hilarious rather than judging them.
6. Life is too short not to stay up until 6am on the weekend when you’re having all the fun.
7. I can’t not buy anything with elephants on.
8. I love the way yoga makes you forget about life’s business.
9. I wish I could genuinely meditate.
10. I should probably live in a country where I can eat falafels everyday and have all the bohemian materials and decors.
11. I spend all the moneys on holidays and festivals. My future self will most likely resent this, but present self doesn’t care. Summer ❤️
12. I like making videos, probably a bit too much. Who doesn’t love re-watching their most drunken moments?
13. Vodka makes me forget my life.
14. I’ve adopted a tradition of getting piercings to celebrate things. Let’s hope I don’t have too many more celebrations as the remaining piercing areas don’t seem particularly appealing..
15. I don’t like the lord of the rings. I’m sorry, I tried. I’m just a Harry Potter gal through and through.
16. I am a major nerd when it comes to sporcle quizzes on Harry Potter and Friends.
17. Ross is the best friends character and I can’t believe I haven’t realised this until now. L-o-v-e love.
18. I wish I could simultaneously travel the world and stay in London with all my fabulous friends. Both these things would make my heart happy.
19. I suffer from a serious case of word vomit. I will often impart far too much information and weirdness to new people.
20. I’m still a child. I love nothing more than playing games, laughing all day at nothing in particular, and being as silly and ridiculous as possible.
21. My sister and I will never be too old for doing hand clapping things as we walk and taking surprise ugly face photos.
22. Dimples and cable knit jumpers are the one 👌
23. I am apparently gangly in nature and have been compared to the blow up man that flails in the wind outside car warehouses.
24. I am always actually the drunkest. This is probably due to my love of doing all the shots. Luckily I am a happy drunk (you might say perfect) so I like to think being the drunkest just adds hilarity to my friends lives.
25. I am always the hostess. I will never stop being that person that throws all the house parties and BBQs and dinners and film nights and tea mornings and dominoes afternoons.
I’ve just read through my 18-year-old self again and there is a freakish amount of similarity. I might be in a different stage of life but the things that make me ‘me’ have not changed much at all. I’m still a weirdo who loves Harry Potter, doing childish things and throwing all the parties. Loving life.